Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What a week!

Last Thursday we had another doctors appt. We didn't receieve the news we had hoped for overall. Baby girl was still doing great but was down to two small pockets of fluid with only about 1cm each. Her heartbeat was still wonderful and she was showing no signs of distress. I was showing no signs of contracting and the doctor was still very hopeful and positive. Was sent home to continue bedrest with the plan for an appt in a week and to plan to be admitted at 24 weeks until delivery.

Monday night I started spotting some. We called and then went in to triage again. They hooked me and baby girl up to monitors for about 1/2 hour-45 minutes. Her heart was still right around 155bpm and I was showing no signs of contractions yet. Since it was minimal blood, they allowed us to come home for the night as they weren't super concerned at that point. I guess some spotting can be normal when fluid is low like mine is...but still it was a scare that we could have done without.

This morning we had another doctors appt. Everything still looked good overall. They found one pocket of fluid with about 2cm in it. Our sweet girls heart was 154bpm and she was kicking me like crazy. Turns out she was curled up with her legs above her heard at that time so that is why I was feeling her so strong while we were there. They did measurements the best that they could with the low fluid. She is measuring right at 1 pound and looking good. The plan is to be admitted next week Tuesday until we deliver our sweet girl. Once admitted, they will give me my first dose of steroid shots as well. They are all still very positive about things. We did also ask today if we are looking at a c-section or vaginal delivery when she decides to come and were told it will all depend on when she comes and her position. Right now she is breech so would obviously be c-section as it would be very tramatic on her otherwise.

They told me to pack and bring whatever I would like to make myself more comfortable. The nurse even told me to bring my scrapbook stuff--however once I told her that my best friend Jen and I fill up her whole Expedition with just our stuff when we got to retreats, I think the nurse thought a bit differently about that idea haha :) . I wonder if bringing whatever I want means that I can bring Tigger as well. I'm going to miss my little furry guy a lot while I am gone. He has gotten kind of used to bedrest with mommy over the last week and a half.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was scared for my stay in the hospital. I love being at home (maybe not as much as I've had to on bedrest) and the familiarity of everything here. I don't like the thought of being away from Grant each night or not getting to sleep in my own bed. I'll miss cuddling with Tigger each night on the couch and even yelling at him for being on the kitchen counter. However, I know this is what I need to do so that our little miracle has the best chance possible. This is just another step to my little girl making her appearance in this world. We are so blessed to already be at 23 weeks and almost 2 days. Our first milestone is almost here and then we start a new goal!

We can't thank you all enough for all the calls, flowers, visits, and most importantly the prayers! It has been a tough journey and we know that we have a long one ahead of us yet as well. The prayers and support during this time are huge and words can't express what it all means to us! Keep them coming as little girl grows each day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment